- Eat a nutritious and balanced diet of grains, fruits, vegetables, protein and low-fat dairy.
- Check food labels for "hidden" sugars.
- Limit between-meal snacks.
- Avoid sugary foods that stay in your mouth for a long time, like hard, sticky or chewy varieties of candy.
- Offer healthy snacks, such as cheese, fruits, yogurt, peanut butter, chocolate milk and sugarless gum.
- Save your sugary treats for the end of a meal or before a tooth-brushing session, rather than throughout the day.
- Substitute water for sugar-laden sodas and fruit juices.
3401 Springhill Drive, Suite 285
North Little Rock, AR 72117
Telephone: (501) 955-0155